Chakra means a wheel. In Chakrasana, lay fiat on the floor, lift both legs, raise them straight up together and bring them over the head to Halasana. Place the hands by the ears and roll over the head. This rolling over resembles the movement of a wheel, hence the name.
- Lie fiat on the back on the floor.
- Exhale, raise both the legs together and bring them over the head and rest the toes on the floor as in Halasana. Take 2 or 3 breaths.
- Move the hands over the head, bend the elbows and place the palms down beside the shoulders, the fingers pointing away from the feet.
- Exhale, press the palms on the floor and stretch the legs further to raise the back of the neck and roll over the head
- Now stretch the arms out straight and go into Adho Mukha Svanasana.
- Bend the elbows, lower the trunk to the floor, turn over on the back and relax.
Effects of Chakrasana
Chakrasana tones the abdominal organs and the spine. Due to the wheeling movement, the blood circulates round the spinal column and rejuvenates it. It is also good for people suffering from gastric trouble and a sluggish liver.
This article is presented to you by Abhyasa Yoga, Hyderabad. At Abhyasa you can learn and practice Hatha Yoga, Power Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Asana, Pranayama and Meditation. Interested students may apply for Yoga Teacher Training Course at our Yoga Institute. Contact +91 9292403492, +91 40 64641292 for yoga classes and more details.