Dwi means two or both, hasta means a hand and Bhuja an arm. Dwi Hasta Bhujasana is a variation of Eka Hasta Bhujasana.
- Stand with the feet 18 inches apart.
- Bend the knees and rest the palms on the floor between the feet.
- Bring the right leg over the right arm and rest the back of the right thigh on the back of the right upper arm. Likewise place the left thigh on the left arm.
- Exhale, lift the feet from the floor and balance on the hands. Stretch the arms straight and keep the feet together, high up.
- Stay in the position from 20 to 30 seconds with normal breathing.
- Exhale, bend the elbows, lower the body to the floor, release the legs, stretch them straight in front and relax.
Effects of Dwi Hasta Bhujasana
The effects are the same as in Eka Hasta Bhujasana. Dwi Hasta Bhujasana strengthens the arms and exercises the abdominal organs.
This article is presented to you by Abhyasa Yoga, Hyderabad. At Abhyasa you can learn and practice Hatha Yoga, Power Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Asana, Pranayama and Meditation. Interested students may apply for Yoga Teacher Training Course at our Yoga Institute. Contact +91 9292403492, +91 40 64641292 for yoga classes and more details.