Eka Hasta Bhujasana – Eka means one. Hasta means a hand and Bhuja an arm.
- Sit on the floor with the legs stretched straight in front.
- Exhale, bend the right leg at the knee, clasp it at the ankle with the right hand and place it on the back of the right upper arm. Now the back of the right thigh will touch the back of the upper right arm. Place it as high up as you can.
- Place the palms on the floor and with an exhalation raise the whole body above the ground and balance.
- Stay in this position for 20 to 30 seconds with normal breathing.
- Keep the left leg straight and parallel to the floor throughout the balance.
- Exhale, lower the trunk to the floor, release the right leg, stretch it out straight in front and repeat on the other side for the same length of time.
Effects of Eka Hasta Bhujasana
Eka Hasta Bhujasana strengthens the arms and exercises the abdominal organs.
This article is presented to you by Abhyasa Yoga, Hyderabad. At Abhyasa you can learn and practice Hatha Yoga, Power Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Asana, Pranayama and Meditation. Interested students may apply for Yoga Teacher Training Course at our Yoga Institute. Contact +91 9292403492, +91 40 64641292 for yoga classes and more details.