Parsva Sarvangasana – Parsva means side or flank. This Sarvangasana variation is done by giving the trunk a lateral twist.
- From Salamba Sarvangasana I turn the trunk and legs to the right.
- Place the left palm on the left hip, so that the coccyx rests on the wrist. Lower the body on the left hand and bear the weight of the body on the left elbow and wrist.
- The right palm remains· as in Sarvangasana on the back dorsal region.
- Move the legs over the left palm at an angle and stay in this position for 20 seconds breathing normally.
- Exhale, come back to Salamba Sarvangasana I and repeat on the right side for the same length of time.
Effects of Parsva Sarvangasana
Parsva Sarvangasana strengthens the wrists. It also exercises the liver, pancreas and spleen and ensures a generous blood supply to them. These organs are thereby kept in a healthy condition.
This article is presented to you by Abhyasa Yoga, Hyderabad. At Abhyasa you can learn and practice Hatha Yoga, Power Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Asana, Pranayama and Meditation. Interested students may apply for Yoga Teacher Training Course at our Yoga Institute. Contact +91 9292403492, +91 40 64641292 for yoga classes and more details.