Urdhva Dandasana – (Urdhva = up, Danda = a staff)
Technique for Urdhva Dandasana
- Follow the technique described for Salamba Sirshasana beginners from positions I to 4·
- After securing the head position, stretch the legs straight by raising the knees from the floor. Move the toes nearer to the head and try to press the heels to the floor, keeping the back erect.
- Stretch the dorsal or middle region of the spine and stay in this position for about 30 seconds while breathing evenly.
- Exhale, raise the heels and take the toes off the floor with a backward movement of the hips. Raise both legs simultaneously, keeping them poker stiff. Take a breath.
- Again with an exhalation move the legs up until they are parallel to the floor.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds with normal breathing.
This article is presented to you by Abhyasa Yoga, Hyderabad. At Abhyasa you can learn and practice Hatha Yoga, Power Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Asana, Pranayama and Meditation. Interested students may apply for Yoga Teacher Training Course at our Yoga Institute. Contact +91 9292403492, +91 40 64641292 for yoga classes and more details.