Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana II
Technique for Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana II
- Lie flat on the floor or carpet and place the hands straight over the head.
- Stretch the legs straight, tighten the knees and take a few deep breaths.
- Exhale and slowly raise the legs together and bring them over the head.
- Interlock the fingers, clasp the soles and stretch the legs straight up with the knees kept tight. Rest the entire back on the floor. Take three deep breaths.
- Exhale; lower the legs towards the floor beyond the head by widening the elbows. Try and keep the pelvis as near the floor as possible. Keep the legs tightened at the knees throughout. Rest the chin on the knees.
- Stay in the position from 30 to 6o seconds, breathing evenly.
- Exhale and move the legs to the original position.
- Inhale, release the hands, bring the legs straight to the floor and relax.
Effects of Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana II
Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana II helps balance and poise. The legs stretch fully which makes the thighs and calves shapely. The benefits are the same as those of Paschimottanasana, and in addition this pose prevents hernia and relieves severe backaches.
This article is presented to you by Abhyasa Yoga, Hyderabad. At Abhyasa you can learn and practice Hatha Yoga, Power Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Asana, Pranayama and Meditation. Interested students may apply for Yoga Teacher Training Course at our Yoga Institute. Contact +91 9292403492, +91 40 64641292 for yoga classes and more details.