Uttana Padma Mayurasana – Uttana means an intense stretch; Padma is a lotus and Mayura a peacock.
Technique for Uttana Padma Mayurasana
- Do Urdhva Padmasana in Sarvangasana.
- Gradually stretch the thighs back until the knees rest on the floor forming a bridge over the hands.
- Stay in this position for 10 to 15 seconds with normal breathing.
- Exhale, come back to Urdhva Padmasana.
- Uncross the legs, return to Salamba Sarvangasana and repeat the pose by first placing the left foot over the right thigh and then the right foot over the left thigh. Stay for an equal length of time in all these positions as in the earlier ones.
This article is presented to you by Abhyasa Yoga, Hyderabad. At Abhyasa you can learn and practice Hatha Yoga, Power Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Asana, Pranayama and Meditation. Interested students may apply for Yoga Teacher Training Course at our Yoga Institute. Contact +91 9292403492, +91 40 64641292 for yoga classes and more details.