Vamadevasana II is an advanced posture for students who have mastered Vamadevasana I.
- Sit on the floor and widen the thighs.
- Bend the left knee back so that the left calf touches the back of the left thigh.
- With the left hand lift the left foot up until the left heel touches the left hip joint. Hold the left foot with the left hand as in Bhekasana.
- With the right hand place the right foot at the root of the left thigh as in Padmasana.
- Using both hands press the soles of the feet together until they touch.
- The trunk will lean towards the leg in Padmasana. Balance by gripping the hands and hold the pose for 30 seconds with deep breathing.
- Release the hands and legs and repeat the pose on the other side, keeping the right foot in Bhekasana and the left one m Padmasana. Stay for the same length of time on both sides.
Effects of Vamadevasana II
Vamadevasana II relieves pain, cures stiffness in the legs and keeps the genital organs healthy. It also tones the spine and improves digestion.
This article is presented to you by Abhyasa Yoga, Hyderabad. Contact +91 9292403492, +91 40 64641292 for yoga classes.